Five new Strategic Investments with a total budget of more than 820 million euros were approved by the Interministerial Committee for Strategic Investments, which met under the chairmanship of the Minister of Development and Investments, Mr. Adonis Georgiadis, and with the participation of the Vice Minister of Development and Investments. Investments responsible for Strategic Investments, Mr. Nikos Papathanasis and the Ministers of Finance Mr. Christos Staikouras, Environment and Energy, Mr. Konstantinou Skrekas, Culture and Sports, Mr. Linas Mendoni, State, Mr. Georgiou Gerapetritis.
The meeting was attended by the Deputy Minister of Finance, Mr. Theodoros Skylakakis, the Minister of Maritime Transport and Island Policy, Mr. Ioannis Plakiotakis, the Minister of Tourism, Mr. Vassilis Kikilias, the Deputy Minister Responsible for Economic Diplomacy and Foreign Affairs, Mr. Costas Fragogiannis, Secretary General of Private Investments and Public-Private Partnerships, Mr. Orestis Kavalakis, Secretary General of International Economic Relations and Projection of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and President of the limited company with the name “Hellenic Sociedad de Inversiones y Comercio Exterior SA”, Ms. Vasiliki Loizou and the General Secretary for Land Planning and Urban Environment of the Ministry of Environment and Energy, Mr. Efthimios Bakoyannis.
• The “Hull Logistics Park” investment project of the “STREAM DEVELOPMENTS SA” company, which refers to the creation of a supply chain and a state-of-the-art transit commercial complex in Aspropyrgos. The total budget for the project amounts to 244,164,841 euros and the creation of 3,900 jobs is expected during construction and 1,238 jobs during the exploitation phase.
• The investment project “Modernization, Energy Recovery and Expansion of the Ravago Hellas MAVEE Industrial Unit” of the company “Ravago Hellas Anonymous industrial and commercial unipersonal company of construction and insulating materials”, which refers to the creation of a new unit for the production of raw materials in the primary form of insulating materials and the modernization of the existing unit and the production process, in the Lavreotiki area. The total budget of the project amounts to 72,657,472 euros and it is expected that from its execution 62.5 new Annual Work Units will be created.
• The “Cretan Tale” investment project of the company “Blue Frontier Sole Proprietorship SA” which refers to the development and operation of holiday tourist accommodation and leisure tourism, which will include a set of five holiday tourist residential complexes and two hotel units, as well as a marina with the necessary infrastructures. The total budget of the project amounts to 235,825,150 euros and it is expected that from its execution 225 new Annual Work Units will be created.
• The investment project “BALNEARIO VOLCANICO SANTORINI VALVIS” of the company “ATHENION GI SA”. which refers to the creation of a classic 5-star hotel and tourist furnished houses on the island of Santorini. The total budget of the project amounts to 67,500,000 euros and it is expected that from its execution 75 new Annual Work Units will be created.
• The investment project “Establishment and Operation of a Tourist Accommodation Complex” of the company “SCARLET BEACH – EMPRESAS HOTELERAS Y TURÍSTICAS MONOPROSOPI SA” which refers to the construction and operation of a modern and luxurious mixed tourist exploitation complex in Petrothalassa of the Municipality of Ermionida. The total budget of the project amounts to 202,990,000 euros and it is expected that from its execution 214 new Annual Work Units will be created.
The Minister for Development and Investments, Mr. Adonis Georgiadis, said: “We are ending our tenure at the Ministry for Development and Investments in the best way: by approving significant new investments, worth €820 million, through which They will create thousands of jobs. These are investments both in traditionally strong sectors of the Greek economy, such as tourism, and in dynamically developing sectors, such as manufacturing and logistics. and they are being launched by Greek companies, of all levels. In these first 4 years, we laid the foundations for Greece to become one of the most investment- and entrepreneurship-friendly countries on the planet. In the second 4 years, with the vote of the Greek people, we have the plan and the will to take our country even higher so that it is among the protagonists of the investment of the 21st century”.
The Deputy Minister of Development and Investments, Mr. Nikos Papathanasis said: “With the 5 new strategic investments with a total budget of more than 820 million that we approved we expect to reach the 42 approved strategic investments of more than 9 billion during our administration. We are all very proud before the Ministry of Development and Investment that we have managed to structure a business environment that radiates confidence to investors and the belief that something has changed. Our expectations for the next four years are high and we are ready to exceed the performance we have achieved in these four years.”